From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] USB crucial file recovery
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 22:37:09
1 On Tue, 30 Aug 2016 20:12:12 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > >> OP is looking for an fs to put on a memory stick that will work
4 > >> everywhere:
5 > >>
6 > >> - vfat
7 > >> - exfat
8 > >
9 > > He asked for something that would work "across Gentoo systems".
13 > How does exfat not fulfil that?
14
15 It does fulfil it, but so does ext2, which you were ruling out by saying
16 it had to work everywhere. My main issue with exfat is its lack of
17 maturity. I use it for video files but I'm not sure I'd trust something
18 critical to it. There again, I'd rather not trust anything critical to a
19 USB stick regardless of filesystem.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 A real programmer never documents his code.
26 It was hard to make, it should be hard to read