From: Meik Frischke <meik.frischke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rescue cd for zfs 2.1 or thereabouts
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 17:39:03
1 Am Mo., 23. Aug. 2021 um 10:15 Uhr schrieb John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>:
2 >
3 > Hi. I have been using 5.4 lts kernels for a while, but it seems I
4 > need to change to 5.10 lts -- even Debian is now using 5.10, so it
5 > seems time to do this.
6 >
7 > Now, the problem is that I am using zfs and will not give it up, and
8 > the version I have been using 0.8.6 is no longer supported in 5.10
9 > versions of the kernel. So, I need a newer version of zfs and a
10 > rescue cd in case I get into trouble. Sysresc seems to no longer be
11 > compatible withgentoo linux, so what is available? I could use gentoo
12 > catalyst to make something -- I have done that in the past, but its
13 > quite a bit of work and I would prefer if there were something
14 > available I could use out of the box.
15 >
16 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
19 Hi,
20
21 LRS (Linux Recovery System) [1] may be an alternative. It is a
22 Gentoo-based live system with ZFS support and was (partly) inspired by
23 the move of SystemRescue to Arch.
24 Latest changelog states:
25
27 > [X] Multiple updates and rebuilds applied
28 > [X] Kernel updated to 5.10.60 + ZFS modules
29
30 It seems to be updated regularly and may be worth a try.
31
32 Regards,
33 Meik
34