From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] libusb build error
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 13:50:22
1 > OH God !!!
2
3 :) ?
4
5 > Haven't updated Gentoo in a year ?????????? Wow... I think first
6 > thing you should do is to update portage.
7
8 Portage is updated, I even synced the local tree.
9
10 I didn't say I didn't update anything during this year, but I only
11 updated the packages I was interested in (mainly packages for audio
12 work). It was a year without struggling with updated config files or
13 any other unconvenient issues :-) .
14
15 Anyway, most packages are up to date now. I still have installed kde
16 3.3, and I plan to update it to 3.5 as soon as it is marked as stable.
17
18 Unfortunately, kdebase depends on libusb, and even CUPS has been updated
19 and I cannot use my USB printer because CUPS complains about
20 "Unable to open USB device "usb://hp/deskjet%205550": No such device"
21 though I don't know if this is a problem of updating CUPS or with
22 libusb.
25 Best regards
28 ce
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list