From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Where is my automounting coming from?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 07:06:37
1 * Nikos Chantziaras (realnc@×××××.de) [16.03.09 02:43]:
2 > Grant wrote:
3 > > When I plug my USB cell phone into my laptop I get an icon on my xfce4
4 > > desktop which mounts the volume if I double-click it. The icon
5 > > doesn't appear on another Gentoo laptop and I can't figure out why. I
6 > > thought it was Thunar volume management, but that isn't installed on
7 > > either system. Does anyone know what causes the icon to appear? I
8 > > also don't have gnome-volume-manager installed.
9 >
10 > It's XFCE that does this. But for it to work, it needs HAL and D-Bus.
11 > So make sure those also installed.
12 >
13 > Furthermore, the device must *not* have an entry in /etc/fstab.
14
15 Since when? I have entries for all my USB sticks in my /etc/fstab and it
16 works fine.
17
18 Sebastian
21 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
22
23 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de