From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Devicekit - especially just for Dale
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 18:45:40
1 Stroller wrote:
2
3 > Of course, I use Gentoo on my headless servers, so I am glad that server
4 > software - Dovecot or Courier for IMAP, Apache, Samba - all have
5 > plain-text configuration files I can edit with vim (which I have been
6 > learning to utilise better recently). But even if these switched to XML,
7 > a curses XML editor could easily be written.
8
9 Right. The problem is that that is yet another tool that's needed for
10 the job; quite unnecessarily so, as I see it.Keeping it plain text you
11 can use the tools available (even echo or cat would suffice).
12
13 Best regards
14
15 Peter K