From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome menu question
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2008 13:54:35
1 On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 00:40:56 -0400
2 Albert Hopkins wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 2008-10-04 at 23:29 -0400, David Relson wrote:
5 > [...]
6 > > Can somebody please explain how the gnome main menu is built, where
7 > > it resides, and how to force a rebuild?
8 >
9 > http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/
10
11 The link to the Desktop Menu Specification is appreciated. However
12 it's not helpful from a practical standpoint. My gnome main menu is
13 missing entries to some installed applications and has entries for some
14 applications that aren't installed. I'm looking for the tool that will
15 find menu information created during emerge and will update gnome
16 appropriately. What is the tool???