From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chown - not permited
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 20:14:26
1 On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 13:33:28 -0600, Joseph wrote:
2
3 > >> I mount USB stick form camera and I can not change ownership (I'm
4 > >> login as root)
5
6 > >What filesystem does it contain and what mount options are you using?
7 > >Depending on the filesystem it can be possible to mount with
8 > >user/group permissions.
9 >
10 > One USB stick was ext2 the other was dos file system. I have problem
11 > with dos.
12
13 FAT32, the DOS fs, does not have ownerships. You cannot change something
14 that isn't there.
18 Neil Bothwick
19
20 In the begining, there was nothing.
21 And God said "Let there be light" and there was light.
22 There was still nothing, but you could see it better.