From: Justin Hart <justinhart@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone here running MythTV (frontend only?)
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2005 01:49:44
1 Eh, ok :-D
2
3 Justin
4
5 On 7/5/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > On 7/4/05, Justin Hart <justinhart@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > > > Oh, I see your question. I asked this myself a few months ago. Yes -
8 > > > it does assume thee's a backend somewhere on the network, but
9 > > > apparently you have to have MySQL on the frontend machine also to be
10 > > > able to send MySQL commands to the backend. All the 'frontendonly' USE
11 > > > flag does (I think - I've never read the ebuild) is to not build the
12 > > > actual backend code. It still requires MySQL be installed because it
13 > > > assumes you will talk to a MySQL based backend.
14 > > >
15 > >
16 > > That wasn't his question. We wants to play video, but not record
17 > > video. He wants to run the frontend with no backend anywhere.
18 >
19 > Possibly not, but it was my question a couple of months ago and I
20 > think it addresses his issues also. Sorry for any superfluous data.
21 >
22 > --
23 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
29 Justin W. Hart