From: Michael Hampicke <mgehampicke@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fast file system for cache directory with lot's of files
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 15:30:07
1 Am 13.08.2012 16:52, schrieb Michael Mol:
2 > On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Michael Hampicke <mgehampicke@×××××.com>wrote:
3 >
4 >> Have you indexed your ext4 partition?
5 >>>
6 >>> # tune2fs -O dir_index /dev/your_partition
7 >>> # e2fsck -D /dev/your_partition
8 >>>
9 >> Hi, the dir_index is active. I guess that's why delete operations take as
10 >> long as they take (index has to be updated every time)
13 > 1) Scan for files to remove
14 > 2) disable index
15 > 3) Remove files
16 > 4) enable index
17 >
18 > ?
21 That's what I love about gentoo-users :) , I would never have thought of
22 that myself. I will try this and see how much of an performance gain
23 there is. Disabling the index should only require a 'mount -o remount' I
24 guess.