From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Can root verify user is secure?
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 20:51:52
1 On 29 August 2020 22:48:32 CEST, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >Any tips here guys? Is there some kind of an audit process I can go
3 >through periodically to help ensure I'm safe?
6 >On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 8:52 AM Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >>
8 >> I noticed some strange behavior recently which has since gone away.
9 >> From a security standpoint, if root is hacked I suppose there's no
10 >way
11 >> to know, but if not can I use root to determine whether my user is
12 >> still secure?
13
14 I think there are some rootkit checks and other things, but other than going through all the settings files, it will be difficult.
15 What was thebstrange behaviour?
18 Joost
19 --
20 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.