From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: xorg.conf and ATI 4350 card
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:03:58
1 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > hello,
6 > I can get X(kde 4.4) to start and run without a xorg.conf file
7 > but at the wrong screen resolution. (1600x1200) instead
8 > of 1920x1280, as it was before. Every attempt to
9 > edit the old xorg.conf or roll a new xorg.conf with the new
10 > 2.6.34-gentoo-r1 kernel results in X that crashes.
11
12 Why does it crash? What is the error?
15 > Maybe somebody could post a minimal xorg.conf to set the resolution
16 > only on the screen?
17
18 I have none handy, and mine uses magic instead, but you can try xrandr
19 and see if it allows you to switch to a larger resolution (even if the
20 mode isn't listed, read the output: it says what the maximum resolution
21 is --- if it is below 1920x1280, you're out of luck (unless the value is
22 bogus, of course)).
23
24 (But i don't know if ati binary drivers are compatible with
25 xrandr...)
28 Nuno J. Silva
29 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg