From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: mythfrontend problems: no more keyboard, no window borders
Date: Thu, 05 Nov 2009 17:53:47
1 Dale schrieb:
2 > Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
3 >> walt schrieb:
4 >>
5 >>> On 11/03/2009 12:31 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
6 >>>
7 >>>> walt schrieb:
8 >>>>
9 >>>>> Perhaps you have something left over from your gnome session
10 >>>>> that doesn't stop when it should. I see that quite often.
11 >>>>>
12 >>>> hmm, any idea how to find that?
13 >>>>
14 >>> I use ps ax to see the running processes. Sometimes I see apps
15 >>> obviously related to gnome still running after I exit X. I have
16 >>> no idea why, but if I plan to restart X I kill those processes
17 >>> first.
18 >>>
19 >>> In your case I would do "ps ax > pre" after a reboot, and then
20 >>> after logging out of X do "ps ax > post", and then compare 'pre'
21 >>> to 'post' to see what has changed.
22 >>>
23 >> Will try something like that asap ... drown in work right now :-)
24
25 For now it seems to work again ...
26
27 An issue I didn't mention is that I use suspend and resume on that
28 thinkpad. Instead of gentoo-sources tuxonice-sources and then I often
29 use hibernate-to-ram (closing the lid triggers that).
30
31 And for some time the resuming didn't come up with X11 anymore ... same
32 as when I tried an "xdm restart". But now it works again. Who knows ...
33
34 S