From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] glibc-2.17 fails and warning: setlocale: LC_ALL error
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 21:34:29
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 16 Jul 2014 18:26:39 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> If I can install something as a binary and then get a clean emerge -e
5 >> system/world out of it, I think it would be OK. Thing is, I'm concerned
6 >> something is amiss with the stage3 tarball. If that is the case, I want
7 >> to inform the person that overseas that so it can be fixed. Installing
8 >> Gentoo is hard enough for someone seasoned but would be a nightmare for
9 >> someone new to Gentoo.
10 >>
11 >> Now to figure out what is the root problem on this thing.
12 > I believe that you used MAKEOPTS="-j3", can you try with "-j1"? I seem to
13 > recall some random glibc failure which for me was fixed with -j1, but I can't
14 > recall anything about not liking the kernel when it was doing its checks.
15 > That's a few years back now.
19 Heck, I'll give that a shot. It's not like it is going to blow smoke or
20 anything. Heck, maybe it will work. ;-)
21
22 Dale
23