From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Need help getting portage to email me emerge logs using ssmtp...
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:41:38
1 Hi all,
2
3 Ok, this is also on this new hosted VM...
4
5 I need help getting portage to email me emerge logs using SASL auth on a
6 remote host using ssmtp...
7
8 I found this thread that has me almost there (I think):
9
10 http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/217567?do=post_view_threaded#217567
11
12 But it doesn't seem to be using SASL auth, because the attempt is being
13 blocked by my server client_access rule (which comes *after*
14 permit_sasl_authenticated)...
15
16 Here's what I have in make.conf (after reading the above thread):
17
18 PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root@user:password mail.myserver.com:100587"
19
20 and in ssmtpd.conf:
21
22 root=postmaster
23 mailhub=mail.myserver.com:587
24 AuthUser=<username>
25 AuthPass=<password>
26 UseSTARTTLS=YES
27
28 And here is the error I'm currently getting:
29
30 !!! An error occurred while trying to send logmail:
31 {'root@username:password': (554, '5.7.1
32 <li66-207.members.linode.com[74.207.224.207]>: Client host rejected:
33 Access denied')}
34
35 Anyone have any ideas?
36