From: Ben Kelly <bkelly@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Shaw Vrana <shaw@××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GTK fonts uglified after update
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:58:30
1 On Wednesday 29 November 2006 12:13 am, Shaw Vrana wrote:
2 > I just performed an emerge -Du world and found that the fonts in the few
3 > gtk apps that I use (gaim and wireshark) have now become quite ugly. I
4 > followed the wiki at http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Xorg_and_Fonts to
5 > beautify a while back and the changes I made there have remained intact
6 > through the update.
7
8 Are you running KDE with the gtk-qt theme engine? If so, I had a similar
9 problem with fonts no longer being anti-aliased in gaim. I found the
10 solution on this page:
11
12 http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php?content=9714
13
14 Basically you need to change your General font setting in the control center.
15 Once you make a change (any change) you can change it back to how you had it
16 originally. Once you restart your gtk applications the fonts should be
17 aliased again. There is no explanation for why this works, but it resolved
18 the issue for me.
19
20 Hope that helps.
21