From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] faded images with Gwenview
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 18:19:08
1 On Tue, 14 Sep 2021 05:17:21 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > > It sounds like the images are fine, just that Gwenview is displaying
4 > > with the wrong colour information. The question then becomes
5 > > does Gwenview save the colour information in the image file or
6 > > separately. If you do have another user set up,
7 > > you could try cropping and saving as one user and viewing as the
8 > > other. If the second user sees the image as it should be,
9 > > it is the latter and you can locate and remove that information.
10 >
11 > That's all very complex & far more work than I care to spend time on.
12
13 Hardly, it takes seconds to create a new user, which is a one off task.
14 Then you always have a quick way of testing things with the default
15 config.
16
17 > I believe I've found a solution as above.
18
19 I'd say you have found a workaround rather than a solution, but if it
20 works for you...
24 Neil Bothwick
25
26 Modulation in all things.