From: Simon Perfer <simon.perfer@×××××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] help securing system / remote unlock
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2017 22:17:56
1 Hi – I've successfully set up whole disk encryption by using LUKS and ZFS on top of it. I can boot by unlocking the drive via some remote console.
4 Can't seem to find a tool that will generate an initramfs with support for ZFS, LUKS and Dropbear so that I can remotely unlock the system.
7 Ubuntu makes it very easy to enable Dropbear in their initramfs. I could have sworn I've done before via some popular / existing initramfs tool on Gentoo but can't seem to remember which one (or if it's even possible).
10 Short of building my own custom initramfs or hacking dracut, bliss-initramfs, etc., are there any pre-baked solutions I can rely on?
13 Thanks!