From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo Raid install via ubuntu
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 20:43:17
1 Michael Mol <mikemol <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > >> > Has anyone installed gentoo on ubuntu raid install?
5 > >> > If so, your experiences?
6
7 > >> I haven't tried anything that way, but is sounds like using Ubuntu as
8 > >> a fancy bootstrap to replace the Gentoo live boot environment, and
9 > >> seems unnecessary. Have you tried the Gentoo live DVD?
10
11 It sets up the raid1 on /boot/root/swap (identical drives) really easy.
12 Since GPTfdisk does not exist on any gentoo installation media, it
13 sounds like the easiest (most direct path) to set up a RAID-1 gentoo
14 workstation.
15
16 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/SoftwareRAID
17
18 Is this url the guide you used?
19 Any other links?
22 > > I did this several years ago, because I wanted a functional distro to
23 > > work with while compiling everything, a long task with the hardware of the
24 > > day. It's no different to using a live CD for the job, just make sure the
25 > > tools you need are installing in the host OS before you start.
26
27 I think I'm going to take the plunge.
28 What did your partition setup look like?
29
30 Can you post or send me privately a copy of the fstab used for
31 the UUID devices, cdrom etc etc?
34 James