From: Stefano Crocco <stefano.crocco@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bash-completion change?
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 14:00:18
1 On Wednesday 24 July 2013 Douglas J Hunley wrote
2 > As of bash-completion-2.1-r1 it appears the eselect module is gone and the
3 > use of /etc/bash-completion.d is dead. Does this mean that all completions
4 > are enabled globally by default now? It used to be that you could turn each
5 > individual one on/off either globally or per user. Anyone know what the new
6 > 'one true way' is here?
7 >
8 > --
9 > Douglas J Hunley (doug.hunley@×××××.com)
10 > Twitter: @hunleyd Web:
11 > douglasjhunley.com
12 > G+: http://goo.gl/sajR3
13
14 There are a few bugs regarding this issue, for example: 472938, 476992 and
15 477214. If I understand things correctly, all installed modules are enabled,
16 but they're loaded "on-demand" (I guess this means the first time they're
17 used, but I'm not sure). The way suggested in one of these bugs to have a
18 working autocompletion is to source /usr/share/bash-completion/bash_completion
19 from you .bashrc file.
20
21 Stefano