From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is gnome becoming obligatory?
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 05:06:35
1 On Sun, Dec 10, 2017 at 11:37 PM, Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On 2017-12-10 21:31, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
3 >
4 >> You just don't notice udisks, it's quietly running in the background
5 >> doing its thing without taking either much disk space, memory, nor CPU
6 >> usage.
7 >
8 > I know Dr. Valdés will not respond but maybe someone else will, as this
9 > is a factual question.
10 >
11 > Last time I met udisks in person, it polled all drives on the system
12 > every second. Has that changed?
13
14 udisksd does not appear to poll devices. It waits for device change
15 events to be sent over a netlink socket from udev. udev waits for
16 events to be sent from the kernel.