From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix receives OK, but won't send to internet
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:55:17
1 On Thu, Sep 22, 2005 at 04:06:34PM -0400, Sean Lester wrote:
2 > Greetings,
3 > I have a partially working Postfix installation. It delivers
4 > messages on the localhost. It'll receive messages from the internet.
5 > But, it will not send messages to any hosts on the internet. I've
6 > checked my iptables and port 25 is open both ways. Also, each error
7 > I've gotten has been that the target smtp server has "Timed Out." Can
8 > anyone point me in the right direction? Postfix? Firewall? Host or
9 > Domain Name resolution? Other?
12 What is your setup like? Is the smtp time out happening between client
13 and postfix, or between postfix and a relay host?
14
15 If the problem is that your mail client cannot send mail through
16 postfix, check /etc/postfix/main.cf, a few variables of interest might
17 be inet_interfaces, my_destination, mynetworks_style, etc.
18
19 If the problem is between postfix and a relay host, perhaps your relay
20 transport is configured wrong?
21
22 What are the outputs in /var/log/mail/current after you try to send a
23 mail? (That question only applies if you know the problem happens
24 AFTER the mail gets passed from the client to postfix).
25
26 W
29 I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder.
30 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 41 days, 23:47
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list