From: Edward M <edwardm.gentoo.java@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] JDK 7 on server
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 04:44:02
1 On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 18:41:18 -0800
2 Edward M <edwardm.gentoo.java@××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 07:11:17 +0530
5 > Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >
7 > > No problem. Actually glassfish needs JDK7 as per their docs. So any
8 > > JDK7 should work. Java EE is just a specification to be implemented
9 > > by application servers.
10 >
11 > Yes Java EE extends Java SE platform with add ons, that is why i was
12 > not satisfied with the email i sent from my phone, i felt i was not
13 > being clear.
14 > I would suggest to use Oracle's JDK7 since it what glassfish calls
15 > for. that is what i'm using in Gentoo along with
16 > Netbeans,etc.
17 >
18 > Best Regards.
19 > Ed
20
21 Nilesh,
22
23 I also want to add, it has been pleasure conversing about Java with
24 you and thank you for your patience.
25
26 Best regards
27 Ed
31 Learing Linux with Gentoo to earn LPIC1.