From: Holger Hoffstaette <holger.hoffstaette@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo on ssds? intel anyone?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:04:56
1 On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 23:47:37 +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2
3 > Although I read of Intel's various firmware-problems with their SSDs, I
4 > tend to buy one of their 80GB X25-M G2 Postville SSDs.
5
6 I have the older 80MB (G1) and a new 160GB G2 for another machine just
7 arrived. The fixed TRIM-enabled firmware for the G2 should reappear soon
8 as well. Btw the problem with the previous version mostly affected Windows7.
9
10 > I definitely *know* that I will shake my head a few months later at how I
11
12 No you won't.
13
14 > I think of using that ssd for my gentoo-os-partition(s) and I wonder if
15 > one of you is already doing that. And I would like to hear of any
16 > problems/blockers/sensations this brings.
17
18 Been using one in my day-to-day workstation under both Windows and Gentoo
19 (with ext4). After 5 minutes you will fight anyone who would try to take
20 it away again to the death.
21
22 -h