From: Boris Fersing <kernelsensei@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] vmware on portage [about licensing]
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 16:23:26
1 2006/9/7, reader@×××××××.com <reader@×××××××.com>:
2 > When users install vmware via portage what is the procedure with
3 > licensing.
4 >
5 > When I attempt to powerup a vmware guest I get dunned for a license.
6 > and sent to vmware homepage where I can get a free 30 day trial or
7 > pay.
8 >
9 > I understood this thing was open-source and one of the installed files
10 > is:
11 > /usr/share/doc/vmware-workstation-5.5.1.19175-r4/open_source_licenses.txt.gz
12 >
13 > So what is user expected to do here? A search of vmware on gmane for
14 > this list didn't turn up any discussion of that point.
15
16 Hi,
17
18 vmware isn't open-source nor free, have a look at :
19
20 /usr/portage/licenses/vmware
21
22 Boris.
23 >
24 > --
25 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
31 Quiconque me parle de Dieu en veut à ma bourse ou à ma liberté.
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list