From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] speech recognition?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 21:25:06
1 On Mon, 16 May 2016 01:44:40 +0200 wabe wrote:
2 > lee <lee@××××××××.de> wrote:
3 >
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > is there a speech recognition software or the like which is capable to
7 > > listen in on a phone call in order to put on screen as text what the
8 > > other person is saying?
9 > >
10 > > I'd like to connect that to a softphone so that someone who suffers
11 > > from very bad hearing can talk to people on the phone more easily.
12 > > It must work for German.
13 > >
14 > > If there's a phone capable of this, I'd like to know about it.
15 > >
16 > > Surely we should be able with nowadays technology to achieve this.
17 >
18 > Maybe this is helpful for you:
19 >
20 > http://m.heise.de/developer/meldung/Google-oeffnet-seine-Spracherkennungs-API-fuer-Entwickler-3150287.html
21 >
22 > https://cloud.google.com/speech/
23
24 Sad, but there are no free software solutions available in this
25 area; at least I'm not aware of them completely. This is
26 understandable: the task is extraordinary in both manpower and
27 computational resources required.
28
29 And what Google offers here is not even a proprietary application,
30 but an access to a proprietary cloud service which is temporarily
31 free of charge as long as it is in alpha-testing stage.
32
33 Best regards,
34 Andrew Savchenko