From: Jason Carson <jason@×××××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Atheros kernel driver and my wireless access point setup
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 21:15:06
2 > On 9 Jun 2009, at 08:15, Jason Carson wrote:
3 >> Hmmmm, I tried emerging hostapd normally and I noticed this...
4 >>
5 >> * Enabling Wi-Fi Protected Setup support
6 >> * Enabling drivers:
7 >> * HostAP driver enabled
8 >> * Wired driver enabled
9 >> * Prism54 driver enabled
10 >> * Madwifi driver enabled
11 >> * nl80211 driver enabled
12 >>
13 >> ...which says that nl80211 is enabled, yet the defconfig file in the
14 >> tar
15 >> ball shows this line commented out so I am confused as to how I fix my
16 >> problem...
17 >>
18 >> #CONFIG_DRIVER_NL80211=y
19 >
20 > In my experience this notation will be used to suggest the default.
21 >
22 > I.E. if there's no entry for CONFIG_DRIVER_NL80211 (or it's commented
23 > out) then the option will be enabled by default.
24 >
25 > If the config file said
26 > #CONFIG_DRIVER_NL80211=n
27 > then I would tend to assume that the option will be disabled by
28 > default, and that this line needs uncommenting and changing in order
29 > to enable it.
30 >
31 > I can't say that everyone uses this convention, or even that I've ever
32 > read it stated, but
33 > 1) if I look at /etc/ssh/sshd_config, for example, all the options
34 > that I've set myself are lines I've had to uncomment AND change.
35 > 2) the compiler / build tool says it's building your module, anyway.
36 > Who cares what the config file says?
37 >
38 > Stroller.
42 ok, I guess it is enabled then. I wonder why its not working.