From: "Fabian Köster" <koesterreich@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Phonon + PulseAudio Problem
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 04:10:41
1 > I think pulse is a very long answer to a very short question and so I did
2 > away with it months ago. And I haven't regretted it.
3 >
4 > Truly, I think very few people need pulse outside of professionals who work
5 > in film or music. The main reason others have disagreed with my opinion is
6 > because your silly desktop sounds like beeps and boings and toilets
7 > flushing interrupt the CD you're listening to. Uh, well, yeah, one sound
8 > generally interrupts another, true. So what?
9 >
10 > I'll bet your audio would do what you expect it to do if you just removed
11 > every trace of pulse from your machine and run revdep-rebuild with the
12 > pulse, arts, and esd useflags disabled (if those flags still exist).
13 >
14 > Contrary opinions will follow shortly ;)
15
16 ok.. the reason why I use PulseAudio at all is because I need sound forwarding
17 over network. I have an IGEPv2 board which is connected using USB-sound to my
18 amplifier. This works fine by the way, but not using KDE applications..