From: Matt Harrison <iwasinnamuknow@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] grub menu working but invisible
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 22:26:51
1 I just updated grub as part of my regular updates and it gave me the
2 message that I should re-install grub to my MBR otherwise stage1 and
3 stage2 would mismatch.
4
5 I ran grub-install as normal and it (apparently) installed the
6 bootloader without problems.
7
8 However, now, when I boot up, I don't get a grub menu or anything on the
9 screen. Originally I thought there was a problem and my system wouldn't
10 boot but I tried pressing return and it booted up without problems.
11
12 I'm just wondering what might've happened to cause grub to become
13 invisible. My splash image, grub.conf and everything looks fine and
14 worked perfectly before the update.
15
16 Any ideas welcome.
17