From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fast file system for cache directory with lot's of files
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 14:45:28
1 Michael Hampicke wrote:
2 >
3 > You should have a look at xfs.
4 >
5 > I used to use ext4 earlier, traversing through /usr/portage used
6 > to be very slow. When I switched xfs, speed increased drastically.
7 >
8 > This might be kind of unrelated, but makes sense.
11 > I guess traversing through directories may be faster with XFS, but in
12 > my experience ext4 perfoms better than XFS in regard to operations
13 > (cp, rm) on small files.
14 > I read that there are some tuning options for XFS and small files, but
15 > never tried it.
16 >
17 > But if somone seconds XFS I will try it too.
18
19 It's been a while since I messed with this but isn't XFS the one that
20 hates power failures and such?
21
22 Dale
23
27 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!