From: Christian Herzyk <gentoo@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems with HAL
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:19:02
1 Hi all,
2
3 I have a problem with external devices.
4
5 When I insert a CD/DVD into my DVD-drive I get the KDE dialog asking if I want
6 to open a window ...
7 If I klick yes, (or try to mount the CD from konquerors media:/ site) I get
8 this error:
9 A security policy in place prevents this sender from sending this message to
10 this recipient, see message bus configuration file
11 (rejected message had interface "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume"
12 member "Mount" error name "(unset)" destination "org.freedes
13 ktop.Hal")
14 On the console the user can mount the drive!
15
16 Whenever I plug in my camera (Canon Powershot G2, supporte by gphoto2) I get
17 this dialog as well but neither gphoto2 nor digikam will find the camera when
18 started as normal user, root can download pictures with gphoto2.
19
20 Now I got a new Creative Zen Vision M (mp3 player) it uses mtp and libmtp is
21 installed, as well as amarok with the needed useflags.
22 mtp-detect as user returns nothing, as root it returns the expected data.
23 Neither Amarok nor gnomad2 find the player, no matter if user or root starts
24 them.
25
26 So to me this seems like a problem with user rights or HAL in general, but I
27 do not know where to look for it.
28
29 I would be very thankful for hints, as I am eager to use my brand new Vision
30 M!!!
31
32 Regards
33