From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Once again baffled by portage
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:27:32
1 On Thursday 17 January 2008, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2008-01-17, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > Essentially you are trying to install one of the individual
5 > > packages from a -meta package at the same time as a corresponding
6 > > monolithic package,and portage is correctly refusing to let you do
7 > > this.
8 >
9 > Sure, it makes sense now. :)
10 >
11 > Thanks for the explanation.
12
13 I just re-read my own post and I'm left with one impression:
14
15 There gotta be an easier way to do this split-ebuild thing where the
16 user can see at a glance if a package is monolithic or not...
20 Alan McKinnon
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
22 --
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list