From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bypassing CUPS - howto
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 13:49:18
1 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > On 29 Apr, Stroller wrote:
3 >
4 >> On 28 Apr 2010, at 15:27, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>> ...
7 >>>> Why do you need to bypass CUPS?
8 >>>>
9 >>> Thanks, it's just for debugging.
10 >>>
11 >>> Printing some pdf files with acroread makes some printers
12 >>> hang here.
13 >>> To locate the problem source, I'd like to check if the printer
14 >>> works if it gets the postscript or pdf-file (there printer is assumed
15 >>> to accept postscript level 3).
16 >>>
17 >> Have you tried using `lpr` at the command line?
18 >>
19 >> I *believe* something like `lpr /path/to/file.pdf` should work.
22 > Thanks, but lpr is just a front-end for cups.
26 I tried that here and got a error. It may be a bad setting on my end
27 but it didn't like the idea.
28
29 root@smoker ~ # lpr /data/pdf/LivingWill.pdf
30 lpr: Unsupported format 'application/pdf'!
31 root@smoker ~ #
32
33 Dale
34