From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Attic (cvs) -> ???(git)
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:07:57
1 walt <w41ter <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > So using wget to fetch {package/files} from the gentoo attic was/is a
5 > > reliable exercise to build things removed from the tree, into one's
6 > > /usr/local/portage tree. It still works
7
8 > Hi James. I need a version of net-libs/gnutls from before the switch
9 > to git. Could I trouble you for an example of how you use wget? So
10 > far my googling hasn't even revealed the URL of the attic :-/
11
12 Sure,
15 I do it file by file; here is one of the 'files' (patches) I pulled down for
16 'showconsole' now also deprecated:
17
18 wget
19 http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/app-admin/showconsole/files/1.07-no-TIOCGDEV.patch
22 > Thanks for any hints.
25 If I know a package is going to be removed, I just emerge it and then copy
26 everything to /usr/local/portage/<category>/ prior to removal.
27
28 Hit me up with any other questions......
31 hth,
32 James