From: Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner@×××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] x looses ctrl, alt and shift keys
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:03:08
1 Hello
2
3 On Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 02:56:12PM +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
4 > apologies for the all-lowercase and other features of this email - but
5 > therein lies my problem -exclamation mark-
6 >
7 > from time to time x will just pretend that the caps lock, shift, and alt
8 > keys have dropped off the face of the earth... this means i can't copy n
9 > paste, i can't type email address, i can't switch consoles, i can't use
10 > any keyboard shortcuts rendering most programs useless... as has
11 > happened now, as you can tell by the lack of uppercase, smileys, etc in
12 > this email...
13
14 Well, I had this problem (and still, in some less drastic way, have). It
15 ignored all modificators from time to time (depends if the X started OK
16 or it had a bad mood).
17
18 It started with 1.4 xorg and it seems to be a little better now (shift
19 works every time now for me).
20
21 Something similar is in the bugzilla both at gentoo and in the upstream.
22
23 If it is possible for you, you might try downgrading to 1.3, but they
24 say they fixed it upstream, so it might come soon to gentoo as well.
27 The difficult we do today; the impossible takes a little longer.
28
29 Michal 'vorner' Vaner