From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Curious emerge behaviour.
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 05:38:12
1 Will the package itself be removed at some point? And if so, I'm
2 assuming Portage will take care of killing it from my system at that point?
3 At 01:26 AM 03/07/2008, you wrote:
4 >On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:05 PM, James Homuth <james@×××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > I went to run emerge update, and it threw this curious little block loop at
6 > > me. "emerge --pretend --quiet --update --deep world" produces:
7 > > [blocks B ] sys-apps/mktemp (is blocking sys-apps/coreutils-6.10-r2)
8 > > [blocks B ] >=sys-apps/coreutils-6.10 (is blocking sys-apps/mktemp-1.5)
9 > >
10 > > Anyone else having this particular problem? Is it a compatibility
11 > issue with
12 > > either coreutils or mktemp? I'm assuming removing the one will
13 > eliminate it,
14 > > but if it's a needed package I'd rather not chance it. Any info on this one
15 > > would be greatly appreciated.
16 > >
17 > > James
18 > >
19 > > --
20 > > gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
24 >Yes, I've had this problem and I am sure many others did too...mktemp
25 >was a seperate package, but is now included in coreutils. All you have
26 >to do is emerge -C mktemp and then update to the new version of
27 >coreutils. I've done this on at least 3 comps, so it should work for
28 >you with no problems for you.
29 >--
30 >gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
33 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list