From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 10:48:05
1 Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 >>I could not resize /usr or /var off-line,
4 >
5 > That's wrong. I suppose that those are your ext* fs?
6 > If so, you can perfectly fine resize those fs while
7 > they are offline.
8
9 I mean I can not resize them off-line because I can not unmount them
10 while system is running :-)
11 Maybe booting livecd could be solution, but it is hard to do remotely.
12
13 >>Then maybe I should get rid of lvm2...
14 >
15 > No. Get rid of ext*. reiser3 and xfs are mature, use those instead.
16
17 Hm, about half year ago I asked which fs to use. I counted
18 votes, and ext3 won (reiser was 2nd). Nobody mentioned that
19 reiserfs can be resized on-line, ext3 not (only off-line).
20 It seems I have to revaluate results of that voting...
21
22 Thanks for answer...
23
24 Jarry