From: JimD <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Web mail
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 04:43:01
1 Michael Sullivan wrote:
2
3 > What other style is there besides procedural?
4
5 A much better way IMO is to separate the presentation from the code like
6 you can do with ASP.Net with Mono/MS. ASP.Net makes web app development
7 *event* oriented. You write event handlers to handle certain events
8 like a page loading or a button being clicked, just as you would do with
9 a GUI app, and you don't have to have all the markup spewed about in the
10 code.
11
12 I will never go back to that old style of coding again. When I looked
13 at the SquirrelMail php I got the willies from how ugly it looked. All
14 I wanted to do was fix up the the ugly compose form. With an
15 event-driven web app, the code would have been separated and it would
16 have been real easy to make changes to.
17
18 Jim
19 --
21 There's no place like 127.0.0.1