From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slightly OT: favorite window manager/desktop environ?
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 00:48:53
1 On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:28:21 -0500
2 Matt Garman <garman@××××××××××.net> wrote:
6 > So, having said that, what window manager do you use, and why? I
7 > wouldn't trade the multitude of options availabe in Linux for
8 > anything, but the choices can be overwhelming.
11 enlightenment E16. After messing with KDE, Gnome, Openbox, fluxbox,
12 flirting with XCFE and a few others, I came back to Enlightenment.
13
14 It's fast, doesn't have the feature I hate most - a taskbar. Which, IMO, is
15 the most worthless piece of trash ever created - wastes window space and
16 provides nothing useful in return.
17
18 I like sliding from one desktop to the other - clicking on a desktop to move to
19 is rather silly.
20
21 And I hate having my Xroot hidden by Gnome/KDE with their overlays. I detest
22 most icons - mainly those drive icons and mailbox icons.
23
24 Simply put if I wanted Windows, with a "Start" button and a task bar,
25 I'd run Windows.
26
27 Bob
28 --