From: "Albert W. Hopkins" <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I keep baselayout-1?
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 15:28:41
1 On Thu, 2011-12-08 at 15:41 +0100, Jarry wrote:
2 > Anyway I'm surprised that everything older than 2.0.3
3 > has been simply thrown overboard, especially while it
4 > worked for us without a problem for many years...
5
6 With all due respect, baselayout-2/openrc has been around for a while
7 too (I've been using it for at least 3 years) and has been deemed stable
8 enough to move to the stable trees. And version 2 has been in stable
9 for quite some time. You can't blame the volunteer developers for not
10 wanting to have to support 2 versions of the software indefinitely.