From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Enable "regular" network traffic when using VPN
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 17:09:52
1 On 06/10/2018 10:53 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > Ahh! If you're trying to set this up within a VM, this adds a whole
3 > new layer of complexity. I assume you're setting up a bridge between
4 > host and guest device(s)?
5
6 Yes, VMs can add additional complexity to the situation. However I
7 suspect that's not the problem in this case. The nice thing about VPNs
8 is that they are tunnels from points A and A. So as long as A knows how
9 to get to Z and vice versa, things should be good. A needs to know to
10 pass through B to get to Z and Z needs to know to pass through Y to get
11 to A.
12
13 About the only caveat that comes to mind is if things like IPSec are in
14 use and there are things between A and Z that interfere with the IPSec
15 traffic. (Maliciously or accidentally.)
16
17 > Grant may be better equipped to answer here how to configure this,
18
19 ~deer~in~the~headlights~look~ "Huh? What? Me‽" *gulp* … *dry*mouth*
20
21 > it is beyond my amateurish skills ...
22
23 You're not as amateurish as you pretend to think you are. ;-)
28 Grant. . . .
29 unix || die