From: Kevin Brandstatter <kjbrandstatter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] continue an installation
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 23:20:13
1 coorect, you could concievable run something like
2 ebuild ebuildname qmerge if all the steps have been completed
3
4 -Kevin
7 On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>wrote:
8
9 > On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:45:10 +0100
10 > Willie WY Wong <wongwwy@××××××××××.org> wrote:
11 >
12 > > Hi list,
13 > >
14 > > Suppose that I tried to emerge a package, and the compilation phase
15 > > went through without problems, but it got stopped in the installation
16 > > phase. Is there a way to (after I fixed the problem) to tell portage
17 > > to install the (now all already compiled binaries sitting in
18 > > /var/tmp/portage) directly without having to redo the compiling
19 > > phase?
20 >
21 > not with emerge, but you can use the lower-level command ebuild for
22 > that.
23 >
24 > portage & ebuild are analogous to yum & rpm or to apt* and dpkg
25 >
26 > man ebuild for more info
29 > > Case in point:
30 > >
31 > > I just tried to update dev-lib/boost to 1.52. The compilation went
32 > > without a hitch, but the installation died because of file collision
33 > > against (I think) boost-1.49.0-r1000. Now that the colliding files are
34 > > no longer there, is there a way to tell portage to go ahead an install
35 > > boost-1.52 from the compiled sources in /var/tmp/portage ?
36 > >
37 > > Thanks,
38 > >
39 > > W