From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there any Gentoo User webinar? or something like that?
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 14:28:34
1 WooHyung Jeon wrote:
2 > I'm just wondering if there's any.
3 >
4 > Or are there any past events' video uploaded somewhere?
5 > I want to participate or listen to discussions at there. :)
6 >
7 > And lastly, I'm not a developer and just a Gentoo user,
8 > is there also good conference for the regular Gentoo users?
9
10 I was hoping someone else would have info on this topic.  It seems no
11 one does.  I've found videos on youtube about Gentoo.  Some were of
12 Gentoo events if I recall correctly.  Thing is, older videos may no
13 longer apply as things have changed.  Some basic things will likely be
14 the same but still, things do change.  That's what a rolling release
15 distro is about.  I suspect that most people seek help on the forums,
16 this mailing list and I think there is other forums with Gentoo
17 sections.  Between that and the Gentoo wiki and handbook, there
18 shouldn't be a need for much of anything else.
19
20 I've found that syncing and updating once a week is generally good
21 enough.  Generally, a "eix-sync && emerge -uaDN world" does the job.  On
22 occasion there is a config file update but nowadays, things just work.
23 Gentoo 10 years ago is not the same as it is today.  The emerge command
24 and its friends are a lot smarter.
25
26 If you live in a place with a large population, you may could find
27 others who use Gentoo and set up some sort of meeting if that is what
28 you are looking for.  As for anything official, I'm not aware of
29 anything.  I think several years ago some got together and met face to
30 face but not sure that happens on any sort of regular basis.
31
32 It's not much info but hope it helps a little at least.
33
34 Dale
35