From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CONFIG_SCSI_WAIT_SCAN=m I don't want modules here.
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 00:40:33
1 deface wrote:
2 > try removing the .conf & copy your old .config over .. then run a make
3 > oldconfig ..
4 > On Mar 21, 2008, at 11:13 AM, Dale wrote:
5 >
6 >> deface wrote:
7 >>> It's pretty simple, either disable it if you dont need it. if you
8 >>> do, you've got 2 options .. module or compile in .. ? Why make it so
9 >>> difficult ?
10 >>>
11 >>>
12 >> Well, I don't have the compile in option either. If I choose to
13 >> compile it in, it changes it back to a module when I run make. So,
14 >> it is either a module or a exit with error message.
15 >>
16 >> Since I don't have modules, I'm not sure I need loadable module
17 >> support, what is it going to load since I have no modules EXCEPT for
18 >> nvidia. I do need that one module.
19 >> As usual, I'm missing something and it confuses me. Maybe I need to
20 >> leave it in since it is so pesky about having it?
21 >>
22 >> Dale
23 >>
24 >> :-) :-) --
25 >> gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list
28 That was how I got where I am now. It's how I always update my kernel.
29 After oldconfig I would just open the .config file and change that one
30 line then do my make. This time, it is stubborn.
31
32 I dunno.
33
34 Dale