From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] more bluetooth troubles with 5.14
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 13:05:20
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Sunday 02 Mar 2014 07:21:18 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
4 > > Hi. I am getting more troubles with bluetooth 5.14 -- 4 worked fine, 5
5 > > seems to have a lot of quirks.
6 >
7 > I occasionally tether my phone to my laptop using bluetooth and have found
8 > that establishing a connection can be quite temperamental. Rebooting the
9 > phone or disabling/enabling its bluetooth service usually helps get a response
10 > from it.
13 > > I get the following lines from a program I am running called brltty:
14 > > >Mar 1 15:25:35 ccs bluetoothd[2684]: No agent available for request
15 > > >type 0
16 >
17 > This is typically obtained when the device is not set to be discoverable.
18 > Check that they both are. If you have restarted/reset either you may need to
19 > set them back to discoverable.
22 > > >Mar 1 15:25:35 ccs bluetoothd[2684]: device_request_pin: Operation not
23 > > >permitted
24 > > >Mar 1 15:25:35 ccs brltty[16004]: RFCOMM connect error 111: Connection
25 > > >refused.
26 >
27 > Have you set up the correct device MAC address in /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf
28 > and restarted it? If yes then this may be a matter of misstyping the pin?
31 > > HOw can I fix this? There is a new program under bluetooth 5 called
32 > > bluetoothctl, and I paired, trusted and connected, and still no joy.
33 >
34 > I don't have bluetoothctl here to know what it does, but I use l2ping,
35 > hciconfig and sdptool first to make sure that I can see and read the device I
36 > am trying to pair with. If you have indeed managed to pair the two devices
37 > you would not be getting the above connection errors, unless the radio signal
38 > broke down after pairing, due to e.g. weak signal or electromagnetic
39 > interference from some external source.
40
41 I don't even have any /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf. I did pair, trust and
42 connect with bluetoothctl. Are you using bluetooth5 -- I never had
43 these problems till the upgrade to 5. The device is pretty close to the
44 computer and it does show up on the scan from hcitool.
48 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
49 How do
50 you spend it?
51
52 John Covici