From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --depclean and python needed by scribus.
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 15:48:08
1 On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 10:35 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> You actually compile OO? Wow! OO-bin for me. Couple of minutes and
5 >> it's installed.
6 >
7 > Same here. I compiled it for a long time (double meaning!), but when I
8 > realized the amount of time spent compiling it was greater than the
9 > amount of time spent using it... I decided to go oo-bin as well.
13 I haven't even tried KDE on Gentoo due to compile times, but less OO.
14 No patience for that stuff.
15
16 I'm just about ready to build my first new desktop PC in 4 years and
17 will have to decide on the very highest AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.4Ghz
18 vs one of the new Intel i5 or i7's. No matter what I choose I might
19 finally be able to build KDE in maybe a few hours.
20
21 - Mark