From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde4 upgrading
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 22:47:46
1 Am Dienstag, 27. Oktober 2009 schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2
3 > > Since I try to keep the system with the same packages installed, as to
4 > > not cause me to go crazy. Most are using SETS and the /etc/portage
5 > > files are a mess and all different.
8 > > Simplification and consolidation on kde 4 that is stable is my goal.
9 > > Trying to upgrade causes a painful one step at a time editing of
10 > > the /etc/portage files. I need to get away from that!
11 >
12 > Pick the primary workstation and get that one right, either using sets you
13 > like or the -meta packages.
14 >
15 > x11-terms/clusterssh is your friend here:
16 >
17 > configure it to log into all your workstations;
18 > launch it;
19 > what you type is sent to every workstation
20 >
21 > aka how-to-update-many-machines-in-parallel
22
23 Another possibility would be to compile on one machine and then distribute the
24 binary packages using --buildpkg and --usepkg. That would only work of course
25 if the hardware is identical and/or CFLAGS and CHOST are compatible.
26 --
27 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
28 "Do not handicap your children by making their lives easy." (R. Heinlein)