From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] opendns.org
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 00:48:20
1 Am 14.01.2012 01:06, schrieb walt:
2 > I just heard about opendns.org for the first time today, but their
3 > website makes it seem that I'm the only person in the solar system
4 > who's not already on the bandwagon.
5 >
6 > Anyone know if they are as wonderful as they sound?
10 Well, try it. I've used it in the past but I've quit because
11 1) I really don't need a content filter and other fancy services
12 2) their redirection on missing domain names became annoying, especially
13 on slow mobile connections
14 3) my ISP doesn't do shenanigans like hijacking domains and latency is
15 about as good as opendns's.
16
17 Especially concerning latency I recommend testing it. For example dig
18 (net-dns/bind-tools) measures query time.
19
20 Regards,
21 Florian Philipp