From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] "Unable to change data mode on remount"
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 09:31:59
1 So, after my borked udev upgrade, I had some data corruption; I found
2 one email containing half of another while in Thunderbird. Either I
3 hit a software bug, a hardware bug or an unsafe unmount. Of the three,
4 unsafe unmount is by far the most likely, so I added "data=ordered" to
5 my fstab entries for my / and /boot mounts.
6
7 Go to reboot this morning, and X won't launch, and / is mounted
8 read-only. Hidden away in dmesg is a line warning I can't change data
9 mode on remount.
10
11 So, if I can't set a data= parameter in /etc/fstab, where *do* I set it?
14 :wq