From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] nscd doing IPV6 requests on an IPV4-only system ???
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 08:15:51
1 The preliminaries...
2 - I start off my USE variable in /etc/make.conf with "-*"
3 - I have *NOT* enabled IPV6 anywhere
4 - This is North America folks; my ISP's owners know what IPV6 is and
5 are working on getting it operational, but it's not running yet.
6 - I'm not a pro or anti IPV6 zealot. When I need it, I'll enable it.
7 For now, I don't need it.
8
9 Anyhow, I have nscd enabled, and I'm seeing stuff like...
10 Apr 25 18:34:48 m3000 nscd: gethostby*.getanswer: asked for "mail.teksavvy.com IN AAAA", got type "A"
11
12 A search of "man nscd" and "man nscd.conf" and Google does not find
13 anything about restricting nscd to IPV4. Is this a minor resource
14 issue? What happens if nscd *DOES* find an AAAA record, and my system
15 doesn't know what to do with it?
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 Stop the Squeegee Kids in Pinstripe Suits
20 Fight SAC's Canadian internet tax http://walterdnes.wordpress.com
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list