From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Handbook missing portage unpacking
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 02:12:38
1 Rich Freeman <rich0 <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > Correct. This is much more efficient than rsync when you're starting
5 > from an empty tree, which was one of the reasons the old procedure
6 > used to recommend using a portage tarball. emerge-webrsync works well
7
8 I'll have to try this"websync" sometime. I always like toget distracted
9 and look at experimental, hardened, lilblue and many other tarballs just
10 out of curiousity....
11
12 thx to all that responded. It had been a while since I followed a handbook
13 install. I wonder when btrfs will replace ext......(just kidding...)
18 James